Re: Evolution mail: Deleted Items folder behavior

From: Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 14:46:23 UTC
Replying/forwarding to a second list -

To the freebsd-gnome list: sorry for the additional noise -- I'm realizing
now that maybe the list is more geared towards generated reports.

To freebsd-hackers: Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help differentiate some Evolution mail folder
behavior.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 1:31 PM Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> Thanks for your time and trouble making Evolution available. I'm having
> two issues that may be related:
> 1. I can't seem to expunge items in the Deleted Items folder (e.g. right
> clicking on the folder doesn't show an 'Expunge' option)
> 2. Expunge (Folder > Expunge) doesn't seem to work in any case.
>
> I'm using Evolution to interact with an Office 365 account, so I'm using
> the evolution-ews package as well.
>
> ) pkg info -q | grep evolution
> evolution-3.42.1
> evolution-data-server-3.42.1
> evolution-ews-3.42.1
>
> I'm wondering if I'm just missing an additional library (or configuration
> step), as I also use Evolution on a Void Linux install. It's running a
> slightly older version (same packages but v3.40.2) but doesn't exhibit the
> same problem.
>
> Does anyone have any advice for what can I do to try fixing this? Thanks
> in advance for your help.

The Void Linux machine runs  XFCE, while my FreeBSD machine uses an OpenBox
WM. I keep thinking that perhaps I'm missing some library associated with
the fuller DE, but haven't been able to make any determinations.

Best,
> Bridger

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you're willing to share!
Best,
Bridger