Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: Johannes Totz <jo_at_bruelltuete.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 00:38:55 UTC
On 29/11/2021 03:17, Ed Maste wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 at 19:37, Steve Kargl
> <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>>
>> It's certainly not the latest and greatest,
>> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7250  @ 2.00GHz (1995.04-MHz K8-class CPU)
>
> If you're content to use a compiler from a package you can save a lot
> of time by building with `CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=llvm13` and
> `WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN=yes`. Or, instead of WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN perhaps
> `WITHOUT_CLANG=yes`, `WITHOUT_LLD=yes` and `WITHOUT_LLDB=yes`.

(re-send to list, sorry)
Can we disconnect the compiler optimisation flag for base and clang? I
don't need the compiler to be build with -O2 but I want the resulting
base system to have optimisations enabled.
Right now, looks like both get -O2 and a lot of time is spent on
optimising the compiler (for no good reason).