Problem with USB serial connection to UPS ETA-1600-sinus

From: dmilith . <dmilith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:25:05 UTC
Hello!

I struggle with a peculiar device that "just works" under Linux - my
ETA 1600-sinus UPS. I've tried hacking it directly and via "NUT" UPS
software - but no luck.

On Linux it's enough to set blazer_usb driver in upsc.conf and
software connects normally to the device (using Megatec protocol).

Under FreeBSD I experience crazy issues with a similar setup - after a
whole day of hacking, I start to guess it's about libusb provided with
FreeBSD 13.0 on arm64 (one I've been using).

I explained some technical details here:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1077

If anyone has a glimpse of an idea what I may also try to get it
working… Please help

kind regards

--
Daniel Dettlaff