proposal virtual category: games-text

From: Sid <sid_at_bsdmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:24:32 UTC
I'll try for a virtual category called games-text. There would be less resistance than splitting off a primary category.

Then, I proposed a category for games-interpreters, games-engines, or games-misc for parts of games that didn't include the games.
As a virtual category, dMagnetic would belong to games-text, and could later belong to another relevant category.

As I'm learning about the ports tree, I can try to make a patch file and submit a bug report for a virtual category: games-text.

I'll give it a try, and follow up with a link to the proposed patch.

previous from freebsd-ports mailing list
> From: "Thomas Dettbarn"
> Sun Sep 6 20:24:27 UTC 2020
> Nice. May I ask to add games/dMagnetic to the new console section?

>> Sun Sep 6 18:46:56 UTC 2020
>> Propose to split games category to an additional category for games that can be played on the command line console without a window manager.
>> Perhaps, it can be named games-text, games-terminal or games-cli. It would include curses games, ascii games and basic command line games.

Last time, freebsd-ports was the primary mailing list discussion to this thread.

This time, let freebsd-games be the primary mailing list discussion. I can try making the patch and bug report, then leaving important updates to freebsd-games

Thank you.