[Bug 294010] NFSv4: cp fails when restoring from a ZFS snapshot (copy_file_range issue)
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2026 21:14:34 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=294010
Rick Macklem <rmacklem@FreeBSD.org> changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |rmacklem@FreeBSD.org
--- Comment #1 from Rick Macklem <rmacklem@FreeBSD.org> ---
(In reply to Peter Much from comment #0)
Yes, using the mount option minorversion=1 will
work around this, since only NFSv4.2 has a Copy
operation.
I'll take a look at zfs_copy_file_range(). I recall
that it can work on files on different file systems
within a pool, but I suspect that a snapshot is a
special case. (Or that the read-only check is applied
to the wrong file system, so that it sees read-only for
the output file when it is no problem for the input file.)
--> For most/all other file systems, copy_file_range() only
works within one file system, but ZFS is, as usual,
different.
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.