Re: misleading ZFS warning
- Reply: Anthony Pankov : "Re: misleading ZFS warning"
- In reply to: Anthony Pankov : "misleading ZFS warning"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2026 15:12:00 UTC
What is underlying pool structure? Zraid/mirror/single disk? If zraid, what is the stripesize? Regards, Ronald Van: Anthony Pankov <anthony.pankov@yahoo.com> Datum: 22 juli 2026 11:51 Aan: fs@FreeBSD.org Onderwerp: misleading ZFS warning > > > Hello, > > Doing this: > > zfs create -b 4096 -o volmode=dev -V 32G as1/dockerim/dsk.adocker > > I've got > > Warning: volblocksize (4096) is less than the default minimum block size (16384). > To reduce wasted space a volblocksize of 16384 is recommended. > > While ashift=12 for this pool I can't understand am I really do something wrong and there will be "wasted space" or this is a misleading warning. > > Can somebody enlight this? > > -- > Best regards, > Anthony Pankov mailto:anthony.pankov@yahoo.com > > > > > >