vfs.zfs.compressed_arc_enabled=0 is INCOMPATIBLE with L2ARC at least in FreeBSD 13 (Was: Crash on adding L2ARC to raidz1 pool)

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:26:36 UTC
On 08.01.2024 18:34, Lev Serebryakov wrote:

   I've found that all my L2ARC problems (live-locks and crashes) are result of OpenZFS bug which can not support L2ARC with un-compressed ARC (vfs.zfs.compressed_arc_enabled=0).

   It is NOT hardware-depended (and my NVMe is perfectly Ok and healthy) and could be easily reproduced under VM with all-virtual disks.

   I've opened the ticket in OpenZFS project (https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/15764).

   Maybe, FreeBSD need ERRATA entry?

    [1] ZFS pool hangs (live-locks?) after adding L2ARC
    [2] Crash on adding L2ARC to raidz1 pool

--
// Lev Serebryakov