Re: FreeBSD 13.2-STABLE can not boot from damaged mirror AND pool stuck in "resilver" state even without new devices.

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 21:19:33 UTC
On 07.01.2024 22:15, Warner Losh wrote:

> So, if this is a mirror, then ada0 blank and ada1 with good data, in theory
> you should be fine. However, perhaps ZFS is finding that there's an error from
> ada1 for real. Does all of ada1 read with a simple dd?
   Yep, it is read with dd, I've checked it

> Not sure about the losing devices you described later on.
>
>      > ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
>      > ZFS: can't read MOS of pool zroot
>      >
>      >
>      >   To be honest, I thinks there is something else. Because sequence of events were (sorry, too long, but I think, tht every detail matters here):
>

> Yea. There's something that's failing, which zio_read is woefully under reporting for our diagnostic efforts. And/or something is
> getting confused by the blank disk and/or the partially resilvered disk.

   My theory, that something is confused when one disk is 512/4096 and other is 512/512.

   I want to check it on VM, but can not find VM that both (1) allows CMS boot and (2) allows to configure logical and physical sector of virtual HDD.

   bhyve could configure sector sizes, but doesn't support BIOS, and VBox and qemu-system can not emulate sector sizes (or I can not google proper configuration).

--
// Lev Serebryakov