Re: really slow problem with nvme

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 17:55:51 UTC
On Fri, Feb 23, 2024, 10:46 AM Bjoern A. Zeeb <
bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB nvme and gpart and newfs
> were already slow (it took like two hours for newfs).
>
> Here's another example now:
>
> # /usr/bin/time mkdir foo
>          1.82 real         0.00 user         0.00 sys
>
> How does one debug this?

What filesystem? Sounds like UFS but just making sure. .

So what's the link speed and number of lanes?  If it's bad i might reseat
(though that might not help) that looks good...

Though I'd bet money that this is an interrupt issue. I'd do a vmstat. -i
to watch how quickly they accumulate...

How old is the drive? Fresh install? Do other drives have this same issue
in the same slot? Dies this drive have issues in other maxhines or slots?

Warner