Re: FAT32 statfs(2) inode usage

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 07:53:12 UTC
Am 08.03.23 um 20:48 schrieb Kirk McKusi>> Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 17:40:34 +0100
>> From: Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.org>
>> Subject: Re: FAT32 statfs(2) inode usage
>> To: Ben Woods <woodsb02@freebsd.org>
>> Cc: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I have created a patch that has been tested with both FAT12 and FAT16
>> and which has passed all my tests with different file system parameters
>> (e.g. number of root directory entries) and all operations (create,
>> rename and delete files and directories with DOS-8.3 or Win95 names).
>>
>> Could you please create a PR that describes the issue you had (wrong
>> report of no free inodes on a FAT16 file system) and assign it to me?
>>
>> I'll reference the PR in the review I'm going to create and hope that
>> this will help get the issue reviewed and the patch set approved ...
>>
>> Best regards, STefan
>
> Stefan,
>
> I will provide a review for you. Just add me as a reviewer when you
> create the review.
>
> 	Kirk McKusick

Hi Kirk,

thanks, I have already created a review:

	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D38987

I'm not happy with the choice of function names for the increment/decrement
macros, and I think that the exact location of their invocation should be
reviewed with regard to error cases.

Best regards, STefan