Re: RFC: Patch for mountd to handle a database for exports

From: Peter Eriksson <pen_at_lysator.liu.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 20:49:44 UTC

>> Yep. Capturing this in a man page update when the time comes needs
>> to be done, I think? (That the V4: line doesn't work in the DB.)

Hmm.. I reworked the code a bit more and it seems the V4: stuff does work when I try it now. Ah well… I’ll do some more testing.

> I was going to massage it a bit before passing it up for review; my preference (that I think will make it fairly easy to accept upstream) is that we simply prefer exports.db if it exists but otherwise don't change anything for the folks happy with their current setup -- at least for an interim period, at a minimum.

Agreed, when I’ve thought some more about it that is probably the best way. Btw, it’s enough to do a “touch /etc/zfs/exports.db” for it to start working so it’s pretty easy to handle. I’ve updated my patch to do that (I also removed the “USE_SHARED” define/check.

Anyway, I created a GitHub repo with my code so it can be downloaded from a better place than an email on a mailing list :-)

https://github.com/ptrrkssn/sharedb
ptrrkssn/sharedb: FreeBSD DB-based NFS exports & ZFS sharenfs support
github.com

- Peter