Disable gmirror rebuild while fsck and journal fails

From: Artem Kuchin <artem_at_artem.ru>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 18:43:24 UTC
I am having  trouble after acrash.

My gmirror is composed from 2 3TB disks with SU journaling (tunefs -j).

I hoped that journaling will allow fast restart in case of a crach but
no luck.

When fsck with journling is enabled i receive:

"Directory XXXX not found"

and then i need to do full manual fsck

That was a problem number one. From bug reports i've read that it is
impossible to fix and is related

to write caching.

But then every crash i have gmirror rebuilding and it continues
rebuilding while doing  fsck on 3TB mirror.

This is PAINFULLY slow (3+ hours?)

I don't see any way to pause gmirror rebuild for the time fsck is
running. Is there?

Is there any suggestion how to speed up startups in my case after a crash?

Regards,

Artem