Re: ZFS pool hangs (live-locks?) after adding L2ARC

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 14:39:08 UTC
On 28.12.2023 15:16, Dimitry Andric wrote:

>>>    I can not find any discussion about such problem on Internet. Also, "live" system doesn't have these "z_int_X_Y" threads at all.
>>>    I want my L2ARC, I've payed for this NVMe!
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Do you know 100% sure that this new NVMe device is working correctly? Are there any errors to be found in SMART information, dmesg or syslog?

  You never can be 100% sure, but I don't see any errors in dmesg/syslog and smartctl shows no errors too:

=== START OF SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02)
Critical Warning:                   0x00
Temperature:                        49 Celsius
Available Spare:                    100%
Available Spare Threshold:          10%
Percentage Used:                    0%
Data Units Read:                    162,228 [83.0 GB]
Data Units Written:                 135,786 [69.5 GB]
Host Read Commands:                 430,232
Host Write Commands:                282,975
Controller Busy Time:               2
Power Cycles:                       23
Power On Hours:                     530
Unsafe Shutdowns:                   14
Media and Data Integrity Errors:    0
Error Information Log Entries:      0
Warning  Comp. Temperature Time:    0
Critical Comp. Temperature Time:    0

Error Information (NVMe Log 0x01, 8 of 8 entries)
No Errors Logged

  Unfortunately, AData allows to check for newer firmware only on Windows :(

  Do you have any advice which tests could I try?

  It is PCIe 4.0 device in PCIe 3.0 slot (as MoBo supports only PCIe 3.0).

--
// Lev Serebryakov