Re: odd problems with zfs when installing latest stable snapshot

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 05:51:57 UTC
On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 05:37:03AM +0000, void wrote:

>The second thing is that it wasn't directly bootable. I had to wait till it got
>past the bios screen and then plug in the usb stick again, and then the
>prompt for the geli password came up. So I'm guessing the bootcode isn't
>present on the new install SSDs.

The above is slightly incorrect. The usb stick subsequently plugged in
to make it boot was 13.1-RELEASE. timestamps on the files are dated May
12 2022.

So for clarity, a newly installed 13-stable system zfs on root
would not boot unless a 13-RELEASE installer img was plugged in *after*
the bios screen (which flickered a cursor then went blank until the usb
stick was plugged in)