Re: ZFS reservations for type=volume

From: Alan Somers <asomers_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:40:29 UTC
A dataset's reservation is local.  It doesn't contribute to its
parent's reservation.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to separately
set a reservation on the parent.  But it _does_ contribute to the
parent's "used" value.  In that way, you're prevented from reserving
too much data on the parent's children.
-Alan