Intel Ader Lake i9 12900KF UFS corruption / kernel panics.

From: Amar Takhar <verm_at_darkbeer.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 02:08:28 UTC
I'll try to be as concise as possible.  There is a bug report here with someone
that has the exact same issue.  Disabling the E cores fixes the problem.  See
#261169

Something that may be of note I could not install using UEFI I had to enable CSM
in the BIOS in order to get 13.2 to install.  Otherwise I got a blank screen
with a solid white cursor in the upper left and a movable mouse pointer.  This
is using a GTX 3060.  The 'KF' models of CPUs have the internal GPU deactivated.
12.3 gave me a screen with garbled text I did not try with CSM enabled.

The symptoms are slightly different than in the bug report.  While I did get
random checksum errors I also got quite a few kernel panics.  In the primary
terminal I would get UFS hash errors as well.

Some of the kernel panics were in softdep_deallocate_dependencies: dangling deps
and ffs_blkfree_cg: freeing free block.  I didn't think to offload the
crashdumps as I was randomly testing and didn't expect disabling the E cores to
work so I quickly reinstalled.

I'm not sure where to go from here I couldn't find much on the issue.  I did
catch quite a few about the garbled text / blank screen on install but only that
bug report about UFS corruption.

I was unable to grab any of the crashdumps as I would always end up with some
kind of panic until later I figured out disabling the E cores fixes the issue.
If I enabled them I could collect some if required it's very easy to trigger.

Thank you.

Amar.