Re: ZFS operations hanging, but no visible errors?

From: Chris Ross <cross+freebsd_at_distal.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 17:03:50 UTC

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 12:59, Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com> wrote:
>> The output of:
>> dtrace -qn 'zfs-dbgmsg {printf("%Y: %s\n", walltimestamp, stringof(arg0))}'
>> could be useful as well.
>
> I’ve run
>
> % sudo dtrace -qn 'zfs-dbgmsg {printf("%Y: %s\n", walltimestamp, stringof(arg0))}’
>
> But, it’s yielding no output.  Is that normal because it outputs information about operations (which aren’t happening), or should it’s output have been immediate?

Ahh.  I think it may not have been “no output” as much as “hosed the machine”.  I eventually looked over at the console which is now logging the following message about once per second:

ACPI Error: AE_NO_MEMORY, while evaluating GPE method [_L24] (20201113/evgpe-708)

And, none of the processes or shells are responsive.  A “ssh server date” establishes a TCP connection but gets no farther.

         - Chris