RFC: should NFSv4 support INTERACTIVE@ and friends in NFSv4 ACLs?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 01:58:10 UTC
Hi,

There has been some (not a lot, to be honest) discussion w.r.t. the
special who values for NFSv4 ACLs:
INTERACTIVE@
NETWORK@
DIALUP@
BATCH@
ANONYMOUS@
AUTHORIZED@

At this time, the NFSv4 server code does not look for these. They
could be put in the password database and end up being ordinary
users (which is probably a bug, I'd guess?).

The simple way to support them would be to expect them to be
in the group database and handle them as groups in the gid[] list
in "struct ucred".

Does that sound appropriate to do?

Or should they be assigned values like ACL_USER_OBJ in sys/acl.h?

Or just do not allow them to be in an ACE/ACL?

Thanks in advance for any comments, rick
ps: If anyone happens to have a Windows server with the NFSv4.1
      client in it, these might be useful. I don't have access to such
      a beast, so I have no idea if they are useful for the client?