Re: ZFS question

From: Alan Somers <asomers_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 19:45:01 UTC
Each drive has a label containing the drive's guid and the guid of every
other drive in the same top level vdev .  During import, ZFS searches every
geom provider to find matching guids.  If the drives have the same names as
they used to, then the import goes faster. But ZFS always checks the guids
during import .