Re: package mix release works, port doesn't? (and neither is self-contained)

From: Pat Maddox <pat_at_patmaddox.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 11:16:03 UTC
On 4 May 2022, at 4:06, Pat Maddox wrote:

> So my questions are:
>
> 1. What is going on with poudriere that’s different, where the
> package runs fine but the built port crashes?
> 2. How do I fix it?
> 3. Why do the package and port require an erlang runtime to run, if
> I’m using mix release?

Of course after being stuck on this for a couple hours, I answered the
first two questions just a few minutes after posting: the
erlang-runtime24 dependency was getting installed via normal FreeBSD
package source, rather than my poudriere built version. So it was a
version mismatch between the build dependency and run dependency.

I still don’t understand why I need an erlang runtime at all though,
after the mix release has been built.

Pat