Re: lang/elixir | v1.13.3

From: Dave Cottlehuber <dch_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 22:03:03 UTC
>> One issue i have with the port, it wants the erlang runtime, but we need the full erlang for our use. Any suggested actions (an option to choose would be nice, i don't want to manually edit your Makefiles)?

Hi Mike,

there is no difference (other than OTP version) between:

erlang
erlang-runtime21
erlang-runtime22
erlang-runtime23
erlang-runtime24

lang/erlang *is* erlang-runtime24 atm.

Or do you mean, you need erlang-wx, java etc as well?

You can re-target the port with ERLANG_VER= ... something else, or
modify the post-patch target not to be version-specific.

The reason for this apparent hack is that OTP24 compiled beam files
are not compatible with OTP21 beam file opcodes any more. So we
need to make sure that people who want JIT-enhanced OTP run with
the OTP release that we built against, and that people like me
who run multiple erlang-derived apps, each embed the path internally.

A+
Dave