Re: lang/elixir | v1.13.3

From: Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik_at_swiftsmsgateway.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:19:30 UTC
Hi,

One issue i have with the port, it wants the erlang runtime, but we need the full erlang for our use. Any suggested actions (an option to choose would be nice, i don't want to manually edit your Makefiles)?

Thanks.

---- On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:24:57 -0500 Dave Cottlehuber <dch@skunkwerks.at> wrote ----

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022, at 19:02, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any work/patches being done on this version? Id be happy to test if it helps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike Jakubik

Hey Mike

It's already there https://www.freshports.org/lang/elixir-devel
https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/lang/elixir-devel/Makefile

lang/elixir-devel tracks the latest release, albeit only in /latest/ ports, not
 /quarterly/ branch.

As usual for moving lang/elixir itself is the blocking port net/rabbitmq, which
needs some care to accomodate the newer elixir. I'm a bit busy atm to spend what
might be few days on deciphering the rabbit warren.

If you're up for it, just hack net/rabbitmq/Makefile to use elixir-devel port
instead, build it in poudriere, and see what, if anything needs fixing.

Even a PR with a bug report is a help!

thanks
Dave

Mike Jakubik

https://www.swiftsmsgateway.com/

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail and any attachments were received in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message.