Re: Build elixir-devel against runtime25

From: Dave Cottlehuber <dch_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 09:34:44 UTC
On Tue, 13 Dec 2022, at 03:35, Pat Maddox wrote:
> I want to build elixir-devel against erlang-runtime25.

Hey Pat

You don’t normally need to build it against a different BEAM target;
it’s sufficient to use a newer one via the usual PATH prepending
method. Or have you found something where this matters?

Sometime over Christmas I'll look into flipping lang/elixir
over to latest Elixir; it requires rewriting the RabbitMQ
port so it doesn't have the direct Elixir dependency anymore.

> The Makefile hardcodes ERLANG_VER at 24:
> https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/lang/elixir-devel/Makefile#n37
>
> Should this instead be
>
>      ERLANG_VER?= 24
>
> to still default to 24, but to respect a different version set in
> make.conf ?
>
> I changed that one line in my local ports tree, and it built against
> runtime25, everything works as expected.

Yes, good move.

[2ff6d1b2e277] lang/elixir-devel: allow Erlang/OTP version to be user-configured

A+
Dave