[Bug 286875] emulators/qemu-user-static-devel: Switch to blitz, and sync to 11.0.50; restore build on 15+

From: <bugzilla-noreply_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 02:08:39 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=286875

--- Comment #56 from Alastair Hogge <agh@riseup.net> ---
I have noticed that it takes significantly longer to build Ports in the aarch64
jail on the amd64 host when the aarch64 jail is 16-CURRENT. If I use the 15.1
aarch64 build jail, the build times are better:

> Port            | 15.1-aarch64 | 16-CURRENT-aarch64
> ----------------+--------------+-------------------
> pkg-2.8.4       |   00:03:13   |   00:24:56
> libiconv-1.18_1 |   00:00:53   |   00:15:35
> expat-2.8.4     |   00:00:23   |   00:05:50
> samurai-1.3     |   00:00:38   |   00:00:05
> perl5-5.42.3    |   00:07:52*  |   00:31:09**

*:  Currently in build stage
**: Currently in configure stage

Build host is 16.0-CURRENT-n288902-33574d47d9de on an EPYC 7742 64 Core with
128GiB usable system memory. Poudriere is configured for TMPFS=all. I do not
remember the main-aarch64 Port builds taking so long, but it has been sometime
now, and I no longer have the logs from way back then.

15.1-aarch64 use upstream assets from FreeBSD.org, and 16-CURRENT-aarch64 is
built from pkgbase assets built locally with release.sh. The various
WITHOUT_*_ASSERTS are enabled in custom make.conf for 16-CURRENT-aarch64 as
well as MALLOC_PRODUCTION.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.