FreeBSD usb/kernel/driver questions how to

From: Michael Warehime <michael.warehime_at_icloud.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 22:56:53 UTC
Hello, Greetings and Salutations!

I'm rather liking FreeBSD 13. I was a linux programmer about three years. Previously windows pre-95 and up development as well. I did a corporate project using SocketCan for an embedded system,  ubuntu of course because a plethora of package commands. I have tried FreeBSD 12 too.  I actually bought a boxed set some years past. Version 4 possibly I have it motivational/uplifting to see it. regardless.
I have Zero FreeBSD experience. I use a Mac. I unfamiliar with USB/kernel designs. If someone mentored me I would do this below. If I only knew.  I have nothing but time.

If the FreeBSD supported natively SocketCan as linux does, right there is tremendous potential for embedded.
We need system certifications and hoops and bounds that must be for Safety Critical design validators.  However, the socket can is a very very simple implementation as is on linux. Businesses are scavenging without divulging sensitive business IP. I wish to add SocketCan foundations with the full implementation of CAN as in the second link below.

This I used as a demonstration of function project. The linux's are sprawl bad bad bad. I should have switched sooner. Cant move my project to FreeBSD. There are very lucrative applications.

SocketCAN - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › SocketCAN <https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiapNPG2YD4AhVYXs0KHSqWCwoQFnoECAgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSocketCAN&usg=AOvVaw1wC_MpUCU_F_3fvkDWpN4A>

This would rock it a bunch.

SocketCAN - Controller Area Network - The Linux Kernel ...https://docs.kernel.org › networking › can <https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiapNPG2YD4AhVYXs0KHSqWCwoQFnoECAwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.kernel.org%2Fnetworking%2Fcan.html&usg=AOvVaw2Uwdtp03-vQ0Qzf-C2yvXr>

Something I would gladly pitch in. I know C,C++,JavaEE, javascript and familiar with Yacc And Lex.

Maybe, a nudge will do, but I don't think so.

Have A Blessed Memorial Weekend.

Michael Warehime
michael.warehime@icloud.com <mailto:michael.warehime@icloud.com>