Re: Systematic broken instructions

From: Kolusion K <kolusion_at_post.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 00:28:47 UTC
Another idea that I think is better is to bring the sudo package into the base system. This would then mean the FreeBSD Handbook wouldn't need to systematically indicate or state the command requires superuser privileges.

So instead of the FreeBSD Handbook incorrectly stating to execute this...

# pkg install gnome

... The FreeBSD Handbook would instead state to execute this:

sudo pkg install gnome

This way doesn't require the user knowing what '#' means which saves them time, a bad experience, and it makes using FreeBSD more practical.