Fwd: Error in release notes

From: Carlos León <mail_at_carlosleon.info>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 10:32:19 UTC
Hello, there.

TLDR: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160/7260/7265 IEEE 802.11ac network
adapters should point to iwm(4) and not iwn(4) as it’s misleading the users.

I’ve taken an interest in installing FreeBSD 13.0R and while going through
the Hardware Notes <https://www.freebsd.org/releases/13.0R/hardware/> I
realized that there possibly is an error in the documentation with regards
to the driver for the wireless network interface 7260.
The line reads:

[i386, amd64] Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160/7260/7265 IEEE 802.11ac
network adapters (iwn(4)
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iwn&sektion=4&format=html>
driver)

Which points the user to the iwn(4) driver. But going through the list of
firmwares in that driver, the firmware for 7260 is not present.
Checking BSDstats
<https://bsdstats.org/bt/devices/class/02/subclass/80.html> you can see
that the Wireless 7260 device shows up under the iwm section and if you
look into the iwm(4)
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iwm&sektion=4&format=html>
documentation,
then you can see that 7260 is listed.

If you point me in the right direction, I might be able to submit a patch
with the correction.

Best regards,
--
Carlos León