Conventions for FreeBSD manual pages

From: Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 06:46:54 UTC
Please: does FreeBSD have anything like the Linux manual page for
conventions?

<https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/man-pages.7.html>

I can't find one.

Background
==========

For years, I assumed that SEE ALSO sections were disorderly.

For example:

* expecting a–z (alphabetical order)

* finding ne, sy, se, at et cetera (disorderly) under
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=tuning&sektion=7&manpath=FreeBSD#SEE_ALSO>

Today I discovered that there is, at least for Linux, a convention to sort:

* first, by the section number (secondary)

* second, by the name of the page, which appears first.

I do see some logic to this, however – without first knowing the
convention – I never found it helpful. The apparent disorder was unhelpful.

Whenever I look for a named thing, in a long string of names, with the
intention of clicking (a link): I expect alphabetical order, by name.