Re: The 2000s called. They want their intro(8) back.

From: Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 21:26:40 UTC
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=intro&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD>

On 31/12/2021 19:19, Pau Amma wrote:
> … What else?

history | grep "man "    provokes various thoughts.

Without reference to that history, five come to mind immediately:

efibootmgr(8)
freebsd-update(8)
tunefs(8)

– two of which (sorry for going off-topic) do not belong in (8):

zpoolconcepts(7)
zfsconcepts(7)

Plus, a mental note to add gitup or got or something to (8) without
delay when, eventually, that thing becomes integral to the OS.

Maybe also:

bsdinstall(8)

Avoid shortlisting too many commands?

I'd juggle the page to have an alphabetical shortlist towards its foot.
At the moment it's, like, two shortlists with a chunk of something
introductory in the middle.

----

Incidentally, tunefs(8) is amongst the resources that mention soft
update journaling without explanation. And there's that wedge of history
in the FreeBSD Handbook that, if I'm not mistaken, explains everything
except SUJ.