Re: Personal aarch64 FreeBSD OS build gets SIGSEGV during: ./pmu-events/jevents arm64 /usr/main-src/lib/libpmc/pmu-events/arch libpmc_event [cause identified]
- Reply: Mark Millard : "Re: Personal aarch64 FreeBSD OS build gets SIGSEGV during: ./pmu-events/jevents arm64 /usr/main-src/lib/libpmc/pmu-events/arch libpmc_event [cause identified]"
- In reply to: Mark Millard : "Personal aarch64 FreeBSD OS build gets SIGSEGV during: ./pmu-events/jevents arm64 /usr/main-src/lib/libpmc/pmu-events/arch libpmc_event"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2026 01:54:26 UTC
On 9/20/26 11:13, Mark Millard wrote: > [I have CC'd a could of authors with recent libpmc commits. I did not > list any recent libc authors.] > > . . . > I found the type of problem --but it is not a obvious extension of the prior material: META_MODE recorded something that indicates the actual problem . . . /usr/obj/BUILDs/main-CA76-nodbg-clang/usr/main-src/arm64.aarch64/lib/libpmc/pmu-events/jevents.pieo.meta:R 12651 /usr/include/fts.h The build is using the /usr/include/fts.h from the live old system while trying to build the new system. Given the FTSENT change of layout from old to new, that does not work. Also, this is not something that clearing out /usr/obj/ . . . and rebuilding fixes. The build of lib/libpmc/pmu-events/jevents.* should get the fts.h file from the source tree being built, in my case I was working in /usr/main-src/ so: # find -s /usr/main-src/ -name fts.h -print /usr/main-src/include/fts.h lists a path to the file that should have been used for the build. I expect that this would be a libpmc development issue, not a fts development issue for who solves it. Also: this turns out to not be an arm specific problem. -- === Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com