Re: __memcpy_chk family of functions

From: Marcin Cieslak <saper_at_saper.info>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 14:07:09 UTC

On Tue, 21 May 2024, Warner Losh wrote:

> Also, our forward compatibility guarantees are extremely weak.

Just for clarification: I am not complaining about my breakage.
It was my stunt and it didn't work out, I got punished by
sitting there and waiting for llvm to compile.

I think this (useful) change should go into the future release notes
as a new feature. Where and how should this be documented?
Shall FreeBSD_version be bumped for this one?

For example, when libsys got introduced, we could learn about
this from the UPDATING file. I do not want UPDATING to be come
unreadable or a copy of git log, though.

Marcin