__memcpy_chk family of functions

From: Marcin Cieslak <saper_at_saper.info>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 21:26:41 UTC
Hello,

I have updated some binary packages using pkg(8)
but neglected to rebuild the world and my favourite
web browsers no longer started complaining
about the undefined symbol __memcpy_chk@FBSD_1.8

Would that be a good idea to add that information
to the Handbook and possible bump FreeBSD_version
and add this info to UPDATING?

I fully accept that running -CURRENT as a daily
driver leads to surprises like this, but it took
me a bit long to figure out which change
has caused this [1].

I was also thinking, would that be ok to add
the synopsis of _memcpy_chk and other
functions to the relevant memcpy(3) etc. manpages?

Only when viewing the diff I found out I could
learn about those from ssp(3).

Thanks for keeping FreeBSD alive,
Marcin

[1] spoiler alert: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D32306