Re: usb mouse not work on boot

From: Dag-Erling_Smørgrav <des_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 09:55:12 UTC
Oleksandr Kryvulia <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua> writes:
> Gary Jennejohn <garyj@gmx.de> writes:
> > Try adding uhid_load="YES" to your /boot/loader.conf.  With that
> > added the module should be automatically loaded during the kernel
> > boot.
> As workaround I already have kld_list+="uhid" in /etc/rc.conf.

I hope you don't mean that literally, because /etc/rc.conf is a shell
script and += is not valid shell syntax.  On the other hand, something
like

kld_list="${kld_list} uhid"

should work, and is preferable to Gary's suggestion since loading
modules pre-boot is significantly slower and should only be done for
modules which are required to boot or mount the root filesystem, such as
zfs.

> But IMHO it some regression.

I agree, and 6437872c1d66 should be reverted until devmatch is capable
of loading uhid.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@FreeBSD.org