bsdinstall wifi setup is broken on CURRENT

From: SAH <aktionheizung_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 19:01:01 UTC

Thank you for the information. The right email address is

info@aktionheizung.de

Pay information exclusively to this email address. Thanks

On 16 May 2024, at 19:40, Renato Botelho <garga@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I saw some users on a .br group complaining bsdinstall was failing to setup wifi network on 15.0 snapshots and tried it myself.  I was able to reproduce the problem and also noticed another one.
>
> I noticed Network Selection screen only shows one line, it's not beautiful to navigate through items this way.  On 14.1-BETA2 it shows multiple lines so it seems to be a regression.
>
> The problem users reported was: after selecting desired network it just starts over instead of asking for password.  I made a video [1] showing the problem.
>
> Jessica, I've cc'd you because git shows you were the last person making changes in this area.  If it's not related and I made a mistake, just ignore me.

Hi Renato,
I touched the code that lets you select the wireless interface in the
first place, but not the script that then gets called to set it up and
is responsible for the dialogs you see. Given the behaviour, I wonder
if this is what today’s import of bsddialog[1] fixes? From reading the
script the next dialog uses --mixedform, and restarts the script on
error, which it looks like is what you observe.

Jess

[1]https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=a6d8be451f62d425b71a4874f7d4e133b9fb393c