14.1-PRERELEASE boot stuck on feeding entropy

From: cglogic <cglogic_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 08:35:21 UTC
Hello,

After upgrading from February's 14-stable amd64 to 14.1-PRERELEASE amd64 one of my systems can't boot anymore. Bootloader was, of course, updated.
It's freezes on "Feeding entropy ." message.
The system installed on pretty old Supermicro server with dual Intel Xeon E5620 CPU, uses BIOS boot method and has root on ZFS.
This CPU has no integrated random number generator, if I recall correctly.

When I managed to boot this machine from recent 14.1-PRERELEASE installation media, mounted zroot to temporary dir, removed /boot/entropy file and rebooted it, the system booted.
However next reboot it can't boot again, with the same "Feeding entropy ." last message.

More modern hardware not affected by this issue.

Thanks.