Re: Recent commits reject RPi4B booting: pcib0 vs. pcib1 "rman_manage_region: <pcib1 memory window> request" leads to panic

From: Michael Butler <imb_at_protected-networks.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 19:34:06 UTC
On 2/12/24 13:44, Michael Butler wrote:
> On 2/12/24 12:36, John Baldwin wrote:
>
>   [ .. trimmed .. ]
>
>> Short of a stack trace, you can at least use lldb or gdb to lookup
>> the source line associated with the faulting instruction pointer (as
>> long as it isn't in a kernel module), e.g. for gdb you would use 'gdb
>> /boot/kernel/kernel' and then 'l *<instruction pointer address>',
>> e.g. from above: 'l *0xffffffff80acb962'
>
> I still didn't manage to get a core but .. does this make any sense in
> htis context?

I apologize .. too many crashes and I grabbed the wrong instruction
pointer; this was the most recent attempt. I have no idea why this
networking code and PCI configurations are seemingly related :-(

(kgdb) l *0xffffffff80acbc02
0xffffffff80acbc02 is in cc_cong_signal
(/usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c:465).
460                     tp->t_flags &= ~TF_PREVVALID;
461                     tp->t_badrxtwin = 0;
462                     break;
463             }
464
465             if (CC_ALGO(tp)->cong_signal != NULL) {
466                     if (th != NULL)
467                             tp->t_ccv.curack = th->th_ack;
468                     CC_ALGO(tp)->cong_signal(&tp->t_ccv, type);
469             }