Re: libc/libsys split coming soon

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 18:01:51 UTC
On Sat, Feb 03, 2024 at 11:05:10AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Will this break binary compatibility with older programs expecting those symbols in libc and not linked to libsys?

As was mentioned, libc filters libsys.  This means that libc exports all
the same symbols as before, but forward the implementation to libsys.
For apps nothing changes, the introduction of libsys is (should be) ABI
compatible.

More, I would state that no binaries wanting to state binary-compatble
with future FreeBSD should link to libsys directly, at least for now.