Re: CURRRENT snapshot won't boot due missing ZFS feature

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 17:15:32 UTC

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 18:07:31 +0100
void <void@f-m.fm> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 06:35:01PM +0200, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> >As this is the continuation of a thread I started in June,
> >let me top post again the solution I used back then:
>
> Hi, I saw your fix but vm-bhyve is unavailable for me to use
> for a variety of reasons.

Well, you can do essentially the same without vm-bhyve by
downloading/extracting the loader from a 14.0 ISO like described and
passing it to bhyveload(5) using `-l /path/to/userboot14.so`.

Cheers

p.s. from
https://man.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bhyveload&sektion=8

 -l os-loader
       Specify a different OS loader.  By default bhyveload will
       use /boot/userboot.so, which presents a standard FreeBSD
       loader.

(that path is on the host system, which the man page doesn't state
explicitly)

--
Michael Gmelin