Re: FreeBSD 14.0-BETA1 Now Available

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 21:38:09 UTC
On Fri, 8 Sept 2023 at 19:33, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> The first BETA build of the 14.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available.

> The freebsd-update(8) utility supports binary upgrades of amd64 and i386
> systems running earlier FreeBSD releases.  Note, aarch64 binary updates
> are expected to be available starting with BETA2, due to a configuration
> error.  Systems running earlier FreeBSD releases can upgrade as follows:
>
>         # freebsd-update upgrade -r 14.0-BETA1

Upgrading with FreeBSD-update is failing with:

# freebsd-update install
src component not installed, skipped
Creating snapshot of existing boot environment... done.
Installing updates...install: ///usr/include/c++/v1/__string exists
but is not a directory
install: ///usr/include/c++/v1/__string/char_traits.h: Not a directory
install: ///usr/include/c++/v1/__string/extern_template_lists.h: Not a directory

Reported by Vedran Miletic in PR273661. We'll provide an update with
additional information and possible workarounds, when available.