Re: Possible issue with linux xattr support?

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 13:39:44 UTC
Hello Dmitry,

* Dmitry Chagin <dchagin@freebsd.org> [20230830 14:04]:
> Thanks, I see, I agree with your change, taken into account.

Thanks a lot for committing the fix/workaround as well as the new
feature! I just upgraded my test builders to 15-CURRENT to double-check.

For some reason (I still have to try to get more information about it,
will do soon), something else is broken now. While install from GNU
coreutils works fine, some build systems use 'cp -p' to install files
instead, which now fails with:

| cp: preserving permissions for [...]: Operation not permitted

I'm pretty sure this worked fine with the patch you linked earlier, and
also with my own change taking the namespace into account ...

Did you change anything else in your commits compared to the patch?

I'll post a followup as soon as I could get some truss output to know
exactly which syscall causes the issue now!

Cheers, Felix

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer --                     {web}  http://palmen-it.de