Re: problem updating to CURRENT from source

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 19:01:34 UTC
On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:01:47 -0500
Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>       I am trying to update a system running "14.0 CURRENT #0" to last
> night's Current using source.
>       I read the RELNOTES; I read the directions in UPDATING under "To
> rebuild everything".
>       I built world; built kernel; installed kernel; rebooted single
> user - no problem.
>       Ran "etcupdate -p", resolved some existing conflicts - check.
>
>       Ran "make installworld" and got:
>
> /bin/sh: /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/rescue/rescue/rescue: not found
> rescue/sh check failed, installation aborted
> *** Error code 1
>
>       <"kicked in the head by a mule" look>
>       What have I done wrong?
>       More importantly: how do I fix it?

I built and installed the latest main source yesterday and I see in my
~/obj usr/src/amd64.amd64/rescue/rescue/rescue (but I was already
running FreeBSD-15).

Did you do a clean build?  This isn't mentioned in the "To rebuild
everything" text, but since you're building a different branch I
suspect that a clean build would be necessary.

--
Gary Jennejohn