Request for Testing: TCP RACK

From: <tuexen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:13:05 UTC
Dear all,

recently the main branch was changed to build the TCP RACK stack
which is a loadable kernel module, by default:
https://cgit.FreeBSD.org/src/commit/?id=3a338c534154164504005beb00a3c6feb03756cc

As discussed on the bi-weekly transport call, it would be great if people
could test the RACK stack for their workload. Please report any problems to the
net@ mailing list or open an issue in the bug tracker and drop me a note via email.
This includes regressions in CPU usage, regressions in performance or any other
unexpected change you observe.

You can load the kernel module using
kldload tcp_rack

You can make the RACK stack the default stack using
sysctl net.inet.tcp.functions_default=rack

Based on the feedback we get, the default stack might be switched to the
RACK stack.

Best regards
Michael