Re: Updating motherboard BIOS without MS Windows

From: Goran_Mekić <meka_at_tilda.center>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 11:12:04 UTC
On 11/11/23 11:56, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Maybe not the best mailing to ask it but...
>
> How do you update BIOS without Windows since most brands only have
> bios software to windows?
>
> I'm about to buy a new pc without windows license and I'm looking for
> brands that have bios-cli that work in FreeBSD.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Nuno Teixeira
> FreeBSD Committer (ports)

The board I have has one of the USB ports as "special". When you copy
BIOS/UEFI update to it, stick it there and there's a button to update. I
didn't try this myself, I read it from the board documentation, so I
can't tell you the exact procedure and if it's doable from within FreeBSD.

Regards,
meka