Re: Why doesn't the EFI boot loader want to display the graphical orb logo in its boot menu on an Asus Prime 7590-P motherboard?

From: Oleg Lelchuk <oleglelchuk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 12:26:24 UTC
I've been reading the documentation for loader.efi and it says this: "If
there is no ConOut variable, both serial and video are attempted.
     loader.efi uses the "efi" console for the video (which may or may not
     work) and "comconsole" for the serial on COM1 at the default baud rate.
     The kernel will use a dual console, with the video console primary if a
     UEFI graphics device is detected, or the serial console as primary if
     not."
I find this language confusing because I don't know what is meant by "a
UEFI graphics device". In my situation, is my Intel Integrated Graphics
card an UEFI graphics device? Does it mean that once i915kms is loaded, I
no longer deal with UEFI graphics? I think lots of people whose native
language is English will find the documentation describing loader.efi
confusing. The documentation page also mentions this: "BUGS
     Systems that do not have a ConOut variable set are not conformant with
     the standard, and likely have unexpected results." But I think you
guys already implied that the UEFI specification doesn't mandate having
such a variable.