Re: buildworld failed after deleting /usr/obj

From: qroxana <qroxana_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:44:25 UTC
------- Original Message -------
On Monday, January 23rd, 2023 at 10:02 AM, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2023, at 04:05, qroxana qroxana@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > It seems ${MAKEOBJDIR} was not created for usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy.
> >
> > --- all_subdir_usr.bin ---
> > --- objwarn ---
> > Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy
>

> This is usually an indication that your source directory contains object
> files, e.g. is "dirty". Run "make clean" from the top level, or clean up
> your source checkout with something like "git clean".
>
> -Dimitry

I had tried it with a clean source directory and empty /usr/obj

# find /usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy
/usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy
/usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy/llvm-objcopy.1
/usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy/Makefile

and "make buildworld" still ended with the same error.

In /usr/src/Makefile.inc1, the _NO_INCLUDE_COMPILERMK=t option prevents creating
the obj directories for the stuff in usr.bin/clang/.

  1098  _obj:
  1099          @echo
  1101          @echo ">>> stage 2.2: rebuilding the object tree"
  1103          ${_+_}cd ${.CURDIR}; ${WMAKE} _NO_INCLUDE_COMPILERMK=t obj

> --- all_subdir_usr.bin ---
> --- objwarn ---
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy

This happens in stage 4.4, and there's no ${MAKEOBJDIR} directory created
for usr.bin/clang/llvm-objcopy