Possible issue with linux xattr support?

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 17:54:42 UTC
Hi all and Dmitry,

(CC to Dmitry because he added this linux xattr support in
22dca7acf7756c07d3ccbfdc8dfd10fd9ad3f9cf)

I'm currently working on an idea to build a userland for Linuxulator
from source here:
https://github.com/Zirias/zfbsd-ports/commits/linux

Now I ran into an issue with the first port using the full "base"
userland for building (I tried expat2 for this): The "install" tool from
GNU coreutils was unable to set file permissions, and truss showed me
this:

| linux_fsetxattr(0x4,0x401860e8,0x134dd0,0x1c,0x0) ERR#-1 'Operation
| not permitted'

To verify, I removed xattr support completely from coreutils (and also
sed) in commit "linuxsrc: Disable usage of xattr" and indeed, with this
change, GNU's install works as it should.

So, hoping for someone with some knowledge how to debug this ;)

Thanks, Felix

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer --                     {web}  http://palmen-it.de