Re: Good practices with bectl

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 10:44:52 UTC
Quoting David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> (from Wed, 21 Sep 2022
03:25:52 -0700):

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:27:06AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> make DESTDIR=${BASEDIR} -DBATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old delete-old-libs
>>
>> Usually I replace the delete-old-libs with check-old, as I don't want
>> to blindly delete them (some ports may depend on them... at least for
>> the few libs which don't have symbol versioning).
>
> A way to address that issue that may work for you is to install
> appropriate misc/compat* ports/packages.

I'm running exclusively on -current. In the cases where this happens,
there are no compat packages yet. And I rather update the ports than
to install a compat package. It doesn't hurt me to keep the libs
during the pkg rebuild.

In the generic case I prefer to stay safe and keep the libs until I
validated that nothing uses them anymore. That's the reason why I made
the delete-old-libs functionality separate from delete-old already in
the initial implementation.

Bye,
Alexander.
--