TP-LINK USB no carrier after speed test

From: Ivan Quitschal <tezeka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 15:16:22 UTC
Hi All

Does anybody have any idea what could be happening here?.
I have a laptop DELL INSPIRON 3511 and everything works just fine, literally
everything. even the iwlwifi0.

But in order to use my full 600mbps, i dont use the wireless but a TP-LINK USB
ethernet connected on "ue0"

ugen0.6: <TP-Link USB 10/100/1000 LAN> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON (200mA)

but something really strange is happening .. everytime i open the chromium e do
a speedtest (could be speedtest.net or any other) , at the end of the test the
eth interface dies .. it changes from full-duplex to half-duplex/no carrier and
the only way to get the internet back thru ue0 is by rebooting the whole thing.
not even a "service netif restart" does anything

if anyone has any ideas why is that , would be appreciated

thanks

--tzk