Re: DHCPDv6 in non-vnet jail

From: Goran Mekić <meka_at_tilda.center>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:22:53 UTC
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 05:21:13PM +0200, Marek Zarychta wrote:
> Running DHCPv6 in a jail is possible and pretty straigtforward if
> /dev/bpf is exposed, but I have never tried to run rtadvd(8) in the
> jail. The net/isc-dhcp44-server works flawlessy in dedicated DHCPv6
> reduntant jails without VNET, but the RA is always done on the core
> switches for all suppoted subnets in my case. Please consider that
> DHCPv6 is never replacement, but addition to properly confiugred RA.
I ran rtadvd inside jail just to see if RA messages are going back and
forth as I suspected I'm blocking something. Otherwise, I'm running
rtadvd on the host. If I understand it right, rtadvd's raflags="m"
should tell rtsold to run external script. I'm just running it by hand
so I use the least amount of software possible. Is that wrong? Should
dhcp6c be run with rtsold -M? I tried with rtsold_flags="-a -M
/usr/local/bin/dhcp6c" without luck.

Regards,
meka