Re: DHCPDv6 in non-vnet jail

From: Goran Mekić <meka_at_tilda.center>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:28:01 UTC
On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 02:34:11PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> I assume you have /dev/bpf available inside that jail by a devfs rule so
> effectively you have all network interfaces and traffic available?
You assume right, as I needed it for IPv4 DHCPD.

> You could send the error isc-dhcpd6 gives you?
>
> /bz

Up until now I didn't see it (I probably missed it before) but I have
this:
unable to create icmp socket: Operation not permitted

I changed jail settings to allow raw_sockets but I still see no log on the
daemon side and same "Sending Solicit" on client side (dhcp6c -d -f). Daemon
side is non-vnet jail, client side is vnet jail. Same two jails have successfull
IPv4 DHCP working.

I have rtadvd working on host and the same vnet jail picks it up via
rtsold, so I'm just guessing the client side is working.

Regards,
meka